Sorry, It has been so long since I've written on my blog- work makes it so I can't get online a lot.
Note: In the following post I refer to various religious words, all of which refer back to the same church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints.
Anyway, today I'm grateful to be a Mormon. Working in Wyoming- not in Utah- means I meet a lot of people who do not share the same faith as me. I'm fortunate to have 95% of my coworkers be LDS. The other night I was talking with a fellow coworker about being members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints, and we both decided that neither of us would know where we would be without the church in our lives. Both of us were brought up in the church, both of us have gained our own testimonies of the church- both of us have been through many struggles and the church is what got us through them. The church means so much to me, I can't even tell you. In the last year I've had to do some of the hardest things of my life- I faced many difficult challenges and overcame some deep heartache- but I did it only because of the gospel in my life.
Allow me to tell you one other story that I experienced recently in response to being Mormon.
Last Friday, I had the opportunity to talk with the guests before a show. As I was making my way around the pavilion welcoming our guests out I ran into a group of four older people. I casually asked if they were together and they proceeded to tell me that they had come in on the same train but they were not together. They then told me that they found out that one person in one of the groups was related to another person in the other group while they had been in Salt Lake City.
I said, "Wow, that's amazing! You know, I actually had an experience similar to that lately. There's a girl that I met in my church group out here and she has the same last name as me. My last name is fairly unique, you often don't find anyone with the same spelling of my last name unless they're related to me. We haven't figured out how we're related, but we're sure we are."
They then said, "Well you know you can just ask they Mormons, they'll do all your genealogy for you, you just have to ask." By now I had the biggest grin on my face.
"I am Mormon." I responded.
"Oh so you know!" One of the gentlemen responded. We all laughed.
I then had the opprotunity to talk with them about the gospel and about the church. Deep down, I kind of hope that they will see the happiness I have in my life because of the gospel and that they will some day allow the missionaries to visit with them someday. All I hope is that I planted a good seed. I hope that some day they might become members and be grateful to be a Mormon, just as I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment