Today I'm especially grateful for the Atonement and for the sacrafice my savior has made for me. Okay so I have so many thoughts I want to share about this so... here it goes.. bring on the bullet points:
- Sunday we had a very different sacrament meeting in my church services. It was completely based on music and the spirit that Hymns can bring. I remember singing this song: and I looked up at my bishop (a man that I've come to love and respect through the last two years- I'm actually really sad to leave my ward because of the things he's helped me with) Anyway, So I totally looked up at him and this sweet man totally was trying fighting back the tears. I admire men who aren't afraid to show emotions. It totally touched my heart and I could see how much the atonement truly meant to him.
- This blog reminded me of a video that I watched so long ago that I forgot about (until now). I am so grateful for her comments on it. Here's the video:
- Okay, so I'm not sure if I mentioned this before and I really don't care if I have, this blog is more for me anyway, but I'm a recovering addict. I made some major mistakes in my life and I'm trying to turn my life around which includes turning more to my Savior and not to my addictions. The atonement means so much in my life- it has changed who I am. It has changed my outlook on life. It has changed me so so much- it's the one thing that kept me going when it got so hard. Part of my recovery program requires you to take an inventory of your life and various mistakes you've made or experiences you've had. As you do this, you begin to see mistakes that you've made, and people you've hurt or manipulated. Later on in the program you ask for forgiveness from some of those people- that step scares me to death (I'm not quite there yet.. but soon). But the video and blog referenced above have brought so much hope to me and so much peace about that step. It makes me know that no matter how others react, my Savior and Heavenly Father will still be there and still love me.
- Something I've learned from this program is that "This life is all about receiving what we don't deserve." I definitely don't deserve to be forgiven of some of my sins- but I am so so grateful for the Lord making it possible for me to be COMPLETELY forgiven.
You, my dear, have me in tears right now. You are a strong lady! First of all, 'How Great Thou Art' is my favoritest song ever. Have you heard this version:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLLMzr3PFgk
It gives me the chills. Carrie Underwood is amazing. Also, I'm so happy, and my heart is so full that you benefited from one of my posts. The atonement truly is an amazing thing. As far as you being an addict in the past, I read somewhere, (& I fully agree, because I have had my dangerous addictions, too) that everyone will face an addiction in this lifetime. That definitely gave me hope. Because you're not alone, at all. Everyone goes through it, it's just different things. You are amazing! DOn't give up! Press on, and thank you for being so inspiring. Everything really can be okay again!
Thank you so much for your sweet and kind comments, that is so of you!
Delete