"We need to be more grateful. It's one of the marks of strong character, to have a feeling of thanksgiving and gratitude for blessings that are ours. We need more of that spirit in our homes, in our daily associations, in church, everywhere. It's so easy to cultivate the spirit of appreciation." -Ezra Taft Benson

Monday, December 9, 2013

Blessings for Doing What's Right

So it's been a while... guess what it's winter now!  I love the peace that the winter-time seems to bring.  I think it's interesting that we celebrate Christmas at a time when snow is normal where I live.  It seems that the snow slows things down, softens things, and brings peace.  Walking outside on a cold wintery night with the snow falling all around and the only sound being a soft crunch under your boots is just... majestic and magical in someway.


Anyway I'm getting side tracked....

I'm grateful today for the little blessings that come when you do what you feel is right.  I have extreme anxiety, and get especially anxious after telling something about me that I don't share with a lot of people.  Yesterday, I felt extremely prompted to share an experience with someone that I don't trust a lot.  I fought with myself all day long about it.  Finally, I got up the courage and said a little prayer.  I told this person some very personal things about me.  Normally, I would feel extreme anxiety even if I shared with someone that I did trust and within 10-20 minutes afterward would begin to shake and tremble.  It's strange because this time.. I didn't.  I just didn't- in fact I felt even more at peace than I expected.  I expected to feel the anxiety- and was surprised when it just didn't come.  I think this was God's way of blessing me for doing something that He asked me to do, even though I didn't want to do it.  I'm grateful for the blessings that do come when we do something that we know to be right.










No comments:

Post a Comment