"We need to be more grateful. It's one of the marks of strong character, to have a feeling of thanksgiving and gratitude for blessings that are ours. We need more of that spirit in our homes, in our daily associations, in church, everywhere. It's so easy to cultivate the spirit of appreciation." -Ezra Taft Benson

Thursday, December 6, 2012

He Made More Out of My Life, Than I Could

So much to be grateful for this week, but I'm only going to list 2.

1. Prayer.  Talking to my Heavenly Father just seems to calm my nerves.  I've learned that through prayer, all hard things can be accomplished.  I've learned that my day goes better when started with prayer.  I find great comfort in being able to talk to my Heavenly Father, I can tell him anything and everything and not worry that He's going to tell anyone.  After all He already knows- He just wants to hear it from me.  When I'm not sure who I can trust, I ALWAYS know that I can trust him.  He gets it, He understands me, and I trust Him.  I don't know how I would have made it through this last week if it weren't for prayer.  Both prayers that I've given, and prayers offered in my behalf.  I'm thankful that my parents taught me how to pray, and to pray when things get rough.

2.  Being a Relief-Society Teacher.  I know it sounds silly.  I was terrified when I first took the calling- scared to talk in front of people... I think people scare me more than spiders.  I was terrified that I might mess it up, or something.  I've only taught once before, and yesterday I was asked to teach this Sunday which also happens to be family day in my student ward.  My week has been so packed with things to do, and I didn't want to take on the responsibility of the lesson too... but there's this thing about me, whenever I want to say "no," what comes out of my mouth is "yes."  I just sat down and read the lesson.  It seems that so far each time that I've been asked to give a lesson, that it was exactly what I needed at that time.  My Heavenly Father sure knows me well enough to orchestrate this masterpiece.  First He called me to teach, and then planned it so that I would give the lessons that I need the very most.

Like I said there is so much to be grateful for today, but that's just two of them.  Someone has sure watched out for me this last week.  He has made more out of my life than I ever could.  So grateful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment