Home. The feeling. The sound. The love. And even the word. They all bring such a peace and assurance to my heart. Today, I'm thankful to be home. It is my safe haven when everything is going wrong, when I'm hurting the most, when I just need to be reminded of the support I have, I run home.
Yesterday, as I walked through the doors after finals I just felt the relaxation, and peace of being home. It was refreshing especially after finals, but also after the emotional stress I'd been through the last few weeks. It is so good to be home.
It was a pleasant surprise to come back to the lovely nativity sets placed all around the house, christmas lights up, and homemade fudge (grandma's recipie).
I'm grateful for all the things that home means to me, and I'm grateful that I have a home. One that is filled with love. Yes, home is where the heart is!
No comments:
Post a Comment