I've seen so many acts of service lately, and it just melts my heart. I love hearing of the small things in life that make a small difference.
Whether it's the police officer who wrapped a hundred dollar bill in a ticket for the man who couldn't pay to register is car, because he used the money to feed his kids instead, or perhaps its the person who swiped their card at the gas station with a note that said, "go ahead fill your car up, merry Christmas." Perhaps its those extra homemade blankets wrapped up and left on the doorstep for someone else, or maybe those few extra toys dropped into the Toys for Tots bins. There's just something about this time of year that just softens our hearts and lets us serve each other more often.
Service is something that can really bring the spirit of Christ into our homes and hearts, whether we're the ones recieving the service or giving the service. There's this magical thing about it that makes both parties feel good.
I'm so grateful for the happiness that service has brought into my life, and into the lives of others. This Christmas I encourage you to look for more opportunities to serve. It doesn't have to be big, in fact sometimes its those small acts of kindness that makes the biggest difference. And don't just stop after Christmas, keep serving all year long, because we deserve to have the spirit of Christ in our homes and hearts year round.
No comments:
Post a Comment