"We need to be more grateful. It's one of the marks of strong character, to have a feeling of thanksgiving and gratitude for blessings that are ours. We need more of that spirit in our homes, in our daily associations, in church, everywhere. It's so easy to cultivate the spirit of appreciation." -Ezra Taft Benson

Monday, April 8, 2013

The Little Things

Today I'm most grateful for the little things.  A smile, a sweet thought of the past, a beautiful song, uplifting friends, conference, peace, books, and the sweet quiet moments alone.  All of these things mean different things to me, but all of them make me happy. 

I love having a few quiet moments to myself in the morning to just wake up and think.  I love just waking up with a smile on my face for no apparent reason.  Those mornings don't come often enough.  Too often they are rushed and lack the quiet stillness. 

Most often it is the little things that make all the difference. I feel so incredibly lucky to have blessed with the appreciation for the little things. 





P.S. Lately, I've been reading a book by Jeffrey R. Holland called "For Times of Trouble"... if you have a moment, or even if you don't I highly suggest it.  You will feel such peace come into your mind as you read.  It's blessed my life more than I can even convey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment