"We need to be more grateful. It's one of the marks of strong character, to have a feeling of thanksgiving and gratitude for blessings that are ours. We need more of that spirit in our homes, in our daily associations, in church, everywhere. It's so easy to cultivate the spirit of appreciation." -Ezra Taft Benson

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Way Things Work Out

Have you ever just noticed how nicely things work out (or don't work out) sometimes? 

Let me tell you a story. 

A few months ago I was applying for summer jobs left and right.  Two of the many I applied for was a scout camp, and a "ranch" up on Wyoming.  My brother worked at the ranch last summer and highly suggested it to me.  So I filled out my applications and sent them off.  I along with 2 friends got an offer at the end of February for the scout camp job.  We accepted and I figured that if I got offered the ranch position (the one that I REALLY wanted) that I would quit the scout camp and go to Wyoming instead.  I was dissapointed a few weeks ago to get the call saying that it wasn't going to work out for me to be in Wyoming. 

Yesterday, I got a phone call, and was quite surprised to find that they had someone at the ranch drop out last minute and that they wanted me to come be wrangler.  HOLY COW!  I was speechless- but I now had a really big decision to make.  I asked for a day to think about it- my potential employed was okay with that.  My choice came down to either working with 2 of my best friends or taking a significant pay raise. 

After much thought, prayer, consideration, and conversations with my mom and sister I decided that I will be in Wyoming this summer.  I'm sad to not be working with my friends, but excited for the good things to come. 

Heavenly Father seems to be helping me more than I could imagine.  It never ceases to amaze me how things just work out, when I let Him into my life.  He just takes care of me. 

A few months ago, I made the decision to go to Utah State but I kept having second thoughts about it.  So I prayed and told him to stop me if it wasn't right.  Thoughts kept returning, and the idea of staying at my jr. college (even though I'll graduate in a month) became more and more enticing. So I prayed again and said, "alright, I'm confused, help me.  I'm going to plan to stay here at [my junior college], if I'm making a mistake, then find a way to stop me."  Since deciding to stay for at least another semester, I've been offered a scholarship, I've decided to get my basic EMT certification, and things have just worked out. 

I honestly believe that God is taking care of me.  He's always taken care of me, when I let Him. 

I'm so grateful for the way things just work out.  :D 








No comments:

Post a Comment